FIGHTER READY® will expose you to the realities of self-defense while preparing you to fight with the proper strategies, techniques, and tools from the ground up.
Comprised of two synergistic parts FIGHTER READY® covers the spectrum self-defense responses from unarmed to armed emphasizing stress inoculation and critical decision making. Scenario based drills provide you the experience to prevail in a lethal force encounter.
Utilizing continuum based force escalation you will refine your ability to make critical non-deadly/non-lethal force vs. deadly/lethal force decisions under stress while assessing the proper timing and use of unarmed, chemical, blade, firearm, and hybrid responses.
Exercises exposing you to a variety of ambush style attacks will result in unusual physical and intellectual positions challenging your situational awareness, use of verbal commands, efficiency of movement, decision making, tool deployment, and tool utilization.
Both days will focus on non-live fire drills utilizing unarmed and armed techniques and live-fire practical application at our outdoor range.
2 Days (16 hours)/starting at $340.00
Perquisite: Practical Pistol 1. This class assumes that you have a “more than basic” skill level with your firearm and “working knowledge” of marksmanship. You will be required to follow safe gun handling skills at all times. If you are a beginner, please take Practical Pistol 1 and Practical Pistol 2 PRIOR to the FIGHTER READY® class.
Class Start: 8:45 am
Class Location: Per location annotated on calendar. Taylorsville GA & Dahlonega GA. Details will be emailed week prior to class.
- Practical Striking & Grappling
- Distance & Space Management
- Tie ups & Hand Control
- Weapon Introduction Timing
- Practical Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Weapon Use Within Confined Spaces
- Trainsafe Disabler (http://trainsafe.us/) or non-functional training pistol, blue gun, or SIRT
- Pistol w/holster (strong side, inside or outside waistband is fine).
- 250 rounds of factory loaded ammunition
- Magazine pouch (if none don’t worry pockets work well)
- A sturdy belt for the holster and magazine pouches (try your gear on prior to class)
- As many spare magazines as you have (saves on reloading time)
- Eye & ear protection (safety glasses & foam inserts or muffs – electronic muffs recommended)
- MMA, Boxing, or Muay Thai Gloves (optional)
- Hat with bill & sunblock
- Pen and Paper
- Comfortable clothing and footwear. Wear something you’d use to go hiking in a national forest for the day (this is not the time to break in a new pair of platforms, pumps, wedges, sling backs, etc.)
- A change of clothes
- Knee and elbow pads (optional) – Knee pads will help during range cleanup
- Water or similar for hydration (1 gallon)
- Applicable only for classes taught at our Taylorsville GA location:~$12 for lunch. Lunch will be offsite at “Pastabilities Italian Restaurant” located approximately ¾ mile north of our training site: https://plus.google.com/102677858879266339973/about?gl=us&hl=en
- For Dahlonega, GA classes bring a bagged lunch